Friday, January 8, 2010

Wuthering Heights (2009, Masterpiece Theater)


WHOA! ...all I gotta say is...if you haven't seen this version of Wuthering Heights, you should! I was browsing through the instant play features on Netflix and found this one. It is two parts, each one a little over an hour and it is incredible! The acting is great, the clothes are great, the setting is beautiful! Awesome version!
It has been years since I have read the book and from what I have read so far (not much) it is a little bit different in the way it is told, but I think it probably is just easier the way they do it in this movie since the book to me is pretty confusing.
Anyway, I can't say too much so I won't say much more at all: DEFINITELY worth seeing!

5 comments:

Bekah said...

lovely plan. Even better that it is on netflix.

Svea Love said...

Yay! I just sent back two netflix today...I am going to go and change my queue so this comes next. Thanks!

http://muse-in-the-fog.blogspot.com/

Linzyann said...

Carrie, have you seen the version with Ralph Fiennes and Juliette Binoche? What are your thoughts? That one is my absolute favorite (does not hurt that Ralph Fiennes is my favorite actor ever, of course.)

On a different topic, have you ever read the novel Possession by A.S. Byatt? I think that you would love it.

Carrie said...

I have not seen that version yet, but I do have it from Netlix right now...haven't had a chance to watch. I am excited about it though!
I have not read Possession..I will have to look that one up! Thanks for the recommendation!

Laura's Reviews said...

I agree with Southern Wife, Possession is a great book. I loved this version of Wuthering Heights also. I don't see this posted yet on the All About the Brontes reviews . . . you should do that!